I had the privilege of working with sweet Debbie over 7 years ago (how has it been that long already?!) before I left that job to move to Florida to marry Shawn. Debbie had a passion for baking y’all! She was legit and she shared her banana bread recipe with me and now I’m gonna pay it forward to you and share it with youuuuuu!
It’s not healthy, don’t fool yourself into thinking that. You can make it healthiER by substituting different ingredients. For today though, I’m just gonna share the unhealthy version 🙂 I made these into muffins because I’m a grab-n-go type of girl & it cuts the baking time down…enjoy!
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 c unbleached cane sugar (regular sugar)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 c butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 c mashed banana (I used 5.5 small bananas to get that. May be close to 4 large)
- 1/2 c chopped walnuts
- If you have a kitchen aid mixer (I LOVE mine!), insert the dough hook. If not, just use a regular mixer.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Get your muffin tins out and put the liners in. Mine made 17 muffins.
- Sift the dry ingredients together (flour, salt, soda, sugar, cinnamon).
- Add butter, eggs, bananas, and walnuts and mix thoroughly on medium speed.
- Let the batter sit for 20 minutes (optional-but allows flavors to come together a bit).
- Fill the muffin liners about 2/3 way full.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Check them and see how they’re looking. Oven temperatures vary. When a toothpick inserted in the middle of one comes out clean, you’re done baking!
- Let them cool on a rack & then devour!!!
Options: Could add in chocolate chips, raisins, or a different type of nut! It’s really tasty with chocolate chips!
Part of me feels bad for sharing a naughty recipe with gluten and sugar in it lol! So, for those of you that are judging me (you know who you are 😉 ) here’s my GO-TO recipe for paleo banana bread. The Civilized caveman ROCKS and you should check out all of his recipes!
If you follow the container system like I do, these are NOT approved on it. But if you’re gonna eat one anyway and wanna know how I’d count it, I’d say they’re a yellow and a purple. For reals though, if you’re following a workout program and sticking to the nutrition, why would you wanna splurge and go off plan? Don’t you want THE best results possible? So, just wait to make these 😉