- 1 can of chick peas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed well
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp of ground flaxseed (optional)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 c nut butter of choice (I used organic natural peanut butter—only has peanuts and salt in the ingredients)
- 1/2 c sugar (I used 1/4 c organic cane sugar & 1/4 c organic brown sugar…Shawn approves of this as cookie dough lol. I PREFER it with less sugar…I liked it just fine with 3 tbsp of honey)
- 1/2 c chocolate chips (I used the dairy free dark chocolate)
- Place all ingredients EXCEPT for the chocolate chips. Pulse it until it’s blended. I like it a little chunky!
- Pour in a bowl & stir in the chocolate chips.
- IF you wanna bake them (I don’t recommend it because the cookies come out mushy) but if you insist on baking them, oven to 350 degrees. Measure a heaping tbsp for each cookie and drop it. Shape it into a cookie and bake for 10-12 minutes. Let them cool completely. Then eat em up!
- With leftover dough, you can portion it out into balls and freeze it. OR you can portion out little 1/4 c portions, store them in the fridge, and let that be your portion each day if you use the full amount of sugar.
- IF you only use 3 tbsp of honey…I count them approved on the portion controlled container system! They’re totally sweet enough and you don’t feel the fur on your teeth from all the sugar. I count 1/2 c as a yellow and 2 tsp!